University of Washington School of Public Health
Biostatistician I - Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB)
Closing Date: May 23, 2018
Posted: April 23, 2018
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help conquer cancer and other diseases through the application of biostatistical principles and data management methods.
An exciting opportunity is available to join a group of biostatisticians focused on cancer clinical trials and related translational research. CRAB, which is located in downtown Seattle, is responsible for the design, management and analysis of a variety of phase I, phase II and phase III cancer clinical trials, as well as the analysis of associated laboratory data, including microarray and proteomics data. The successful candidate will collaborate with fellow biostatistics staff and clinical investigators to design, evaluate and interpret clinical studies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes clinical trials and associated ancillary studies in collaboration with fellow statisticians and other scientists
- Prepares tables, figures, and written summaries of study results; interprets results in collaboration with other scientists; and assists in preparation of manuscripts
- Provides statistical consultation with collaborating staff
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- 5 years relevant Biostatistical consulting experience post degree may qualify candidate for Biostatistician II
- Sound knowledge of applied statistics
- Proficiency in statistical computing in SAS
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Biostatistical consulting experience
- Knowledge of CDISC compliance
- S-Plus or R programming language experience
- Experience with analysis of high-dimensional data
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position and is Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position.