University of Washington School of Public Health
Nursing Director - Comprehensive Health Services
Closing Date: May 24, 2018
Posted: April 24, 2018
This contract provides occupational medical services to the Department of Energy and Hanford site employees. The services are provided at two clinics, one in Richland, WA and one in the 200-West area of the Hanford Site and is responsible for the health and safety needs of more than 8,000 Hanford workers. The Nursing Director shall have the supervisory responsibility of the nursing staff in the provision of all medical services. Outstanding compensation, superior bonuses (Sign on and two years completion of employment) and relocation assistance as required, will be offered to the highly qualified candidate that meet or exceed the requirements of the position.Skills/Eligibility:
- Shall possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Shall be a Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN).
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years of nursing supervisory experience in an occupational health setting in the provision of a complex occupational medical program to include; but, not limited to, medical monitoring and qualification examinations, medical surveillance, diagnosis and treatment of injury or illness, monitored care, legacy health issues, employee counseling and health promotion, occupational health process improvement, records management, emergency and disaster preparedness, health care cost management, records management, field/facility visits, case management, records and data extraction, reporting, supporting transition and other occupational medical services.
- Have knowledge of accreditation standards, risk management principles and practice, and quality improvement process.
- Experience in leading a clinical element supporting organizational achievement of accreditation by a national accreditation body is highly desirable.
- Must possess and maintain current AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
- Must be eligible for DOE Access Authorization.
- Candidate must live or be willing to relocate to the Richland, WA area and committed to the position for two years.