University of Washington School of Public Health
Lab Data Coordinator - Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) at the Fred Hutch
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: May 8, 2018
The incumbent works independently in performing both routine and non-routine tasks and exercises technical expertise in developing and implementing data management practices and procedures essential to the validity of assay results and specimen data.
- Coordinate laboratory data management procedures, including data collection, processing, storage, and quality control practices.
- Manage study-specific data pipelines including setting up and monitoring data transfers and coordinating with project managers, programmers and analysts.
- Work with SCHARP section representatives and external collaborators to develop and implement policies, SOPs, Work Practice Guidelines, and quality control methods.
- Act as a liaison between the SCHARP study teams and the external labs. Develop an understanding of laboratory procedures for relevant assays, and work with laboratories to receive specimen/assay data in a timely manner. Train external lab users on data upload procedures and data submission best practices
- Investigate and resolve data discrepancies, working with external labs and other SCHARP staff to troubleshoot issues and develop necessary process improvements.
- Assist in the development of tools and processes for use by external labs submitting data to SCHARP; may include development of templates, forms, macros and/or management of existing web-based data upload platforms.
- Assist in software validation including testing code and applications.
- Review, design, produce and/or standardize laboratory data reports.
- Serve as project manager for assay/specimen data management initiatives.