University of Washington School of Public Health
Graduate Student Assistant for Faculty Support - UW
Closing Date: June 4, 2018
Posted: May 11, 2018
Graduate Student Assistant - Faculty Support
Employment Type: On-Campus Hourly
Salary Level: $19.00/hour
The Communication Leadership graduate program is a professional terminal master’s program with approximately 130 students actively enrolled at any given time. The program employs full-time UW Department of Communication faculty to teach and administer the program, but the majority of faculty (20+) are affiliate instructors, often working professionals, who teach one or two classes in the program per year. The Faculty Support GSA position supports all aspects of their engagement with the program, working directly with the Comm Lead Assistant Director of Academic Services and closely with the Comm Lead Associate Director in charge of faculty stewardship.
- Communicate with new part-time faculty members and support their application process by collating all application materials for review
- Upon hiring, communicate with new faculty to obtain all necessary dossier materials for their appointment
- Track all renewals for part-time faculty, obtain all renewal material, review and compile all renewal material
- Communicate any changes to faculty staffing to Comm Lead webmaster
- Support all faculty on Canvas, the UW online course platform
- Schedule all faculty quarterly course evaluations in the IASystem
- Reserve rooms and advertise dates for quarterly faculty meetings
- Solicit and post student testimonials for all Comm Lead courses to the website
- Maintain online Faculty Handbook on Canvas with current information
- Update quarterly course information on Comm Lead Classes page using WordPress editor
- Solicit quarterly course information from faculty and build schedule, in collaboration with Associate Director
- Advanced level Canvas experience as an instructor
- Must not be a current Communication Leadership student
- Must be a current UW student through the end of Spring 2019, as this is a full academic year appointment (Summer 2018-Spring 2019), preference will be given to candidates with two years or more remaining in their graduate program.
This position will be for up to 19.5 hours per week (Summer 2018 will start at up to 10 hours per week, moving up to 19.5 hours Autumn 2018), at a pay rate of $19.00/hour. Primary job location is the Communications Building, but some remote work will also be possible. Preferred start date is July 1, 2018, but is flexible.
How to Apply:
Please apply through Husky Jobs or send a resume and cover letter to Heather Werckle at email@example.com by Thursday, May 31. Interviews will be held the week of June 4.