Back to all Job Listings
L&I Safety & Health Specialist 3, Consultation, Kennewick - Washington State L&I
This listing has expired and should not be applied for.
Location: Kennewick, WA
Closing Date: May 22, 2018
Posted: May 15, 2018
Application review begins immediately. It is your advantage to apply today. When a sufficient amount of applications are received, we may choose to accept applications from L&I employees only, for the duration of the posting.
Start your career off right with a position as an L&I Safety & Health Specialist!
Do you care enough about worker safety to stop an unsafe act before it causes an injury? Gain job satisfaction by knowing that because of what you do, more people will go home to their families every day. This is a great opportunity to become a valued member of our Region 5 consultation team.
This Safety Consultant plays an important role in Keeping Washington Safe and Working by providing onsite consultation to small business employers in construction and high hazard fixed industries. You will help employers understand the process and their responsibilities in achieving the ultimate goal of workplace safety through; safety programs, employee training, hazard abatement, reducing claims and safely managing their workforce.
As a Safety Consultant, you will effectively consult, motivate, and advise employers of methods to eliminate unsafe work practices, procedures and hazards. You will analyze employer’s accident records, industrial insurance data, and safety and health inspection and consultation histories to determine what additional services and or programs to recommend.
This position can be filled as a Safety & Health Specialist 3 or be filled as an in-training opportunity to develop the required skills within this specialized field. If filled as a Safety & Health Specialist 3 in-training, you’ll need to successfully complete a formal training plan. The plan is designed to provide classroom and on the job training to encourage qualified and enthusiastic individuals to exert their best effort to learn and enhance their skills. Upon successful competition of the in-training plan, you will progressively advance to the goal of Safety & Health Specialist 3.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Travel to employers’ business and worksite to conduct onsite safety consultation.
- Perform complex safety surveys and advise employers of methods to eliminate unsafe work practices, procedures and hazards. Research accident and injury records.
- Evaluate employer worksite and assist employers in developing required safety and health programs.
- Assess worksite and present verbal and written safety reports to customers and monitor status and findings.
- Develop and conduct training seminars, forums and other presentations for employers, employees and associations.
- Field questions originating from phone calls, email, and face to face visits with customers.