University of Washington School of Public Health
Dietitian-Home Enteral Services - CVS Caremark
Closing Date: June 21, 2018
Posted: May 21, 2018
As a Registered Dietitian at Coram CVS/specialty infusion services, you will work with internal and external customers including patients, caregivers, case managers, outpatient dietitians, home care dietitians and vendor representatives to coordinate all aspects of patient home nutrition therapy. Must have excellent written and verbal customer service skills and advanced computer skills in order to interact with key stakeholders and patients. You will play an instrumental role in making a real difference by improving the quality of life for patients in need.
Registered Dietitians with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services, have a uniquely rewarding setting to use their exceptional nutritional skills. As a national leader in the home infusion/tube feeding field, those special dietitians who not only possess strong clinical acumen, but the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving enteral nutrition therapy in the comfort of their home.
* Perform outbound calls to follow up with patients and caregivers regarding patient status and service - clarify patient problems, determine urgency, respond with appropriate action to resolve.
* Provide nutrition therapy, teaching and education to our patients in their homes
* Consult with field sales to understand the patient situation and provide nutrition options to present to physician.
* Review patient documentation - look for Medicare qualifying criteria and provide recommendations to field sales representatives.
* Calculate patient order based on clinical notes and chart - review documents, determine order quantity passed on prescription (cal/hr) and method of administration.
* Answer incoming calls from other departments across the Center to resolve patient issues (billing problems, refill, etc.), de-escalate the situation and work with the correct person/department to put action in place for resolution.
In this full time role, you will visit patients in the Tri-Cities area.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare
Registered Dietitian, RD, Certified NutritionSupport Clinician, CNSC, Home Health, Enteral Nutrition, Tube Feeding,Nutrition Support, Case Manager, Parthenais
* Current registration by the Commission of Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association is required.
* Registered Dietitian with current license in state of Washington. Additional licensure may be required in multi state service areas.
* One to three years clinical experience - clinical internship.
* At least one year pediatric clinical experience
* Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Requirements.
* Knowledge of Payer Types.
* Knowledge of Formula Conversions
* CNSC preferred, not required