University of Washington School of Public Health
Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialist (Spanish preferred) - WithinReach
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: May 23, 2018
Job Title: Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialist (Spanish preferred)
Supervised by: Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator
WithinReach makes the connections Washington families need to be healthy. We strive to be dynamic in both our policies and our programs, providing our employees with a supportive environment in which to work, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer a flexible work environment and an excellent benefit package.
At WithinReach, we strongly believe intercultural competency is critical for our work to be effective and to create lasting change. Diversity in all its forms is integral to our workplace culture and our ability to make the connections Washington families need to be healthy. It is reflected in who we are, the families we serve, and the organizations and communities we partner with in our work. Through intentional learning efforts, we focus on fairness and equity within and outside the organization. This focus strengthens our organization and contributes to our impact in Washington State.
Position Summary: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) within the Healthy Connections team. WithinReach’s Bilingual Outreach & Enrollment Specialists serve as the first contact point for Washington families and individuals seeking information about public benefits and local resources. They connect families to food assistance programs, health insurance, child development and other resources through the Healthy Connections model, which includes knowledge, screening, application assistance and follow-up. Outreach & Enrollment Specialists work in a web-based integrated database.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide screening, information, application assistance and follow-up services primarily via inbound phone calls from families and providers throughout Washington State.
- Educate families about core state benefit programs, including but not limited to WIC, Basic Food (food stamps), health insurance, and child development.
- Connect families to food, health, and child development resources within their communities, as well as other services they may be eligible for.
- Track client interactions using our client data management system.
- Process applications from clients via phone and online.
- Follow up with clients via phone, email and/or text.
- Provide customer service that is friendly, informed and responsive.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on program information and work processes; Upon completion of in-house training, must pass Washington Healthplanfinder Navigator examinations within 3 months of employment
- Provide support to WithinReach’s entire statewide outreach unit, including in-person outreach and tabling as needed.
- Represent WithinReach in a brand-aligned manner.
- AA in health and human services or related field, BA preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working directly with low-income families
- Bilingual Spanish speaker strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of food and health assistance programs in Washington State, like Basic Food, WIC, and Children’s Medicaid.
- Ability to interview individuals to obtain information, assess client needs and provide appropriate information and referrals by telephone.
- Excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently and work with limited supervision, as well as in a strong team environment.
- Ability to listen and do data entry simultaneously; strong organizational skills.
- A positive attitude is essential!
Salary & Benefits: $18.50 Hourly Rate, Full-Time, 40 hours/week. Excellent benefits include fully paid medical coverage, vision and dental for employees and generous coverage for spouses, partners and dependents. Paid time off and employer-matched retirement plan.
Job Location: 155 NE 100th Street, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98125
Send Résumé and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until filled.
WithinReach is an equal opportunity employer focused on cultivating a diverse workforce that serves and reflects our community. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.