University of Washington School of Public Health
Emergency Preparedness Specialist (HSC 3) Project DOH4099 - Washington State Department of Health
Closing Date: June 14, 2018
Posted: June 4, 2018
The mission of the Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response is to strengthen all-hazards preparedness capabilities and build strategic partnerships to minimize the health impacts the people of Washington experience resulting from major emergencies and disasters.
As the Preparedness Specialist you’ll coordinate with team members working on Ebola and Emerging Infectious Disease preparedness to enhance the medical system in Washington State with a focus on patient movement. The work will be guided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response Hospital Preparedness Program’s (HPP) Ebola grant guidance and the DOH grant application work plan.
Learn more about EPR.
This is a full-time project position. The Ebola Response Readiness Project and this position are currently funded through May 17, 2020.
• Option 1: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in public health, emergency management, heath care administration, public or business administration or allied field; AND two (2) or more years demonstrated experience in the Emergency Medical Services field or Mass Patient Movement Planning.
• Option 2: Five (5) or more years demonstrated experience in the Emergency Medical Services field or Mass Patient Movement Planning.
• Demonstrated completion of National Incident Management System and Incident Command System training to the ICS 300 and 400 level. Note: Completion of National Incident Management System Advanced course ICS 400 may be done within the first 6 months of employment
• Demonstrated experience in the following:
o Emergency response plan development.
o Emergency response exercises (as a player, planner, or exercise staff).
o Public speaking and facilitation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Healthcare Preparedness Program Capabilities.How to Apply: