University of Washington School of Public Health
Academic Services Director - UW School of Public Health
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: June 14, 2018
The School of Public Health has an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Academic Services Director. This position provides administrative leadership in the overall direction and management of a dynamic major and student affairs team. Under the direct supervision of the Public Health Major faculty Program Director, the Academic Services Director establishes and maintains program operations in all areas including academic & student services, accreditation & reporting, advancement, assessment, admission, budgeting, communication, curriculum, enrollment management, equity, faculty engagement, human resources, strategy & collaboration, and office, records, & space management.
The UW School of Public Health is committed to a diverse community. We view diversity as essential to our mission.
• Master’s degree and 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in university student services and/or operations.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving and administrative skills.
• Previous experience working with curricula and/or students at a college-level academic program or a combination of advising and higher education training experience.
• Exhibit strong attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and basic proficiency in the use of Internet technologies and database systems.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter along with a diversity statement.
Applications received by 6/27/2018 will receive priority consideration.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.