University of Washington School of Public Health
King County Regional Lead - WSMFA King County Regional Lead
Closing Date: August 6, 2018
Posted: July 6, 2018
WSFMA King County Regional Lead
The Washington State Farmers Market Association is seeking a part-time, independent contractor to support up to 40 farmers markets in King County. The King County Regional Lead will join a team of 10 Regional Leads working across Washington. Since 2012, the Regional Leads program has provided food access support to farmers markets through funding from the Department of Social and Health Services SNAP-Ed (SNAP-ED) Grant Program. This past year the program scope expanded to also include organizational and marketing support for farmers markets with funding from the Farmers Market Promotion Program (FMPP). The role of the Regional Lead is to connect farmers market organizations to resources, including technical assistance, and to act as a liaison between WSFMA and local farmers markets
• Experience working with and organizing farmers markets. Farmers market management experience a plus.
• Expertise in farmers market food access programs, farmers market operations, and marketing.
• Familiarity with King County Farmers Markets.
• Knowledge and/or working relationships with community and cultural groups working in King County on food access issues.
• Demonstrated experience as an effective communicator who takes a collaborative approach. A dynamic and engaging public speaker comfortable leading meetings.
• A self-starter comfortable working without direct supervision.
• Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail.
• An innovative and flexible thinker able to design new projects and pilot new ideas with diverse stakeholders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout King County with personal transportation.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is July 20, 2018.
Send resume and cover letter addressing your interest and fit to:
Regional Leads Search Committee
Washington State Farmers Market Association
93 Pike St. Suite 316
Seattle, WA 98108