University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Response Specialists - Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Closing Date: August 10, 2018
Posted: July 10, 2018
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking Environmental Response Specialists to work in the United States (nationwide positions). These positions will be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks to support environmental and emergency response projects including fieldwork, research, and report preparation. The successful candidates must be self-starters and able to work independently and as part of a team with solid technical writing skills. A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit your cover letter and resume as one document.
- Work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team to support a wide range of projects including, but not limited to, contaminated site assessment and cleanup, emergency response and emergency management and planning
- Support environmental/emergency response and remediation projects, including after hours and on-call duties
- Conduct fieldwork related to soil, groundwater, and surface water sample collection at contaminated sites throughout the U.S.
- Support projects in all phases, including research, design, budgeting, permitting, field implementation, data analysis, report writing, and other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Air Science, Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, or a related discipline
- Considering candidates at the following levels:
- 1 – 4 years
- 5 – 10 years
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience planning and performing work at hazardous waste sites carrying out duties that include sampling/work plan development, field documentation, operating field instrumentation, sampling (soil, water, air, and product), shipping samples, evaluating laboratory data, and reporting
- Experience with the use of technical equipment for environmental field monitoring
- Familiarity with data collection and management techniques in the field
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and carry up to 50 lbs. of field gear in challenging conditions (e.g., steep, rugged terrain, extreme weather conditions) throughout the U.S.
- Current OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER certification or ability to become certified immediately
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel for fieldwork up to 50% of the time (up to 3 weeks at a time)
- Experience responding to or developing readiness for oil spills, hazardous substance releases, biological , and radiation is preferred
- Knowledge of principles of emergency management including the Incident Command System and National Incident Management System is preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication, organizational, analytical, and technical writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a teamEcology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
- We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. A cover letter is required with your resume – please submit your cover letter and resume as one document. Local candidates preferred.