University of Washington School of Public Health
Data and Policy Analyst - Writer/Coordinator - Acumen LLC
Closing Date: ongoing recruitment
Posted: August 20, 2018
Acumen, LLC / The SPHERE Institute conduct public policy research and statistical analysis on health programs at the national, state, and local levels. We leverage our unparalleled data access to improve information available to policymakers, while our meritocratic environment offers rapid advancement and leadership opportunities. Our policy firms offer an exciting opportunity to work in health care topics.
At Acumen, LLC / The SPHERE Institute, Data and Policy Analysts provide analytical support for research and consulting projects for government and private clients, primarily in the area of health policy. This position is responsible for managing and analyzing data, researching and interpreting policy, and communicating findings to multiple audiences.
Data and Policy Analysts perform a wide array of functions as part of the research process. Those applicants interested in focusing on writing/coordinating will help create and report descriptive statistics, conduct literature searches, independent research and summarize findings, coordinate project activities and communications among diverse groups of internal and external clients and team members, interpret study specifications, research findings and quantitative analyses for relevant audiences, prepare project reports, memos, presentations and proposals, deliver technical assistance and presenting findings to clients, and perform other duties as assigned.
As we review your materials, we are looking for candidates who best exemplify the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, public policy, or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Good quantitative analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Familiar with one or more of the following technical competencies: statistics programming, policy writing, research methods documentation, or project management
- Able to demonstrate initiative, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrated interest in health and social policy
Any application without a cover letter will not be considered. Transcripts and writing samples are not required, however highly preferred and may be requested. We are excited to review your application and look forward to seeing how you may best contribute to our work.