University of Washington School of Public Health
Applications Development Project Specialist I - Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB)
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: August 24, 2018
Cancer Research And Biostatistics (CRAB) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to help conquer cancer and other diseases through the application of biostatistical principles and data management methods.
Under the supervision of the Applications Development department, the Project Specialist is responsible for several tasks that serve to implement and maintain CRAB’s Electronic Data Capture systems. This person serves as a liaison to the primary stakeholders for case report form (CRF) development, and is responsible for many study setup tasks in Rave® and Oracle®. The Project Specialist will communicate the needs of the client to the Application Development (AppDev) section; implementing project goals, monitoring system requirements, ensuring specification guidelines are followed, and assisting Program Managers as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for study and eCRF setup tasks in Medidata Rave®
- Provides Medidata Rave® testing and custom function support as needed
- Works with a variety of stakeholders to elicit, analyze, validate and document requirements for new systems
- Produces and maintains project documents in support of Applications Development
- Helps ensure that established development and documentation standards are met
- Assists Program Managers to define project requirements, write specifications, and assist in support of the project, clients and AppDev
- Creates and maintains reports for clinical data and project metrics using SQL
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders and AppDev
- Creates AppDev technical documentation as needed
- Helps establish eCRF standards including adherence to CDISC or other standards where appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable learning new technologies and processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects of varying priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective collaboration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Programming experience or training a plus
- Experience with SQL, Toad™, Oracle®, or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position and is Non-Exempt from state and federal overtime regulations.
Employment authorization is required.
Travel/relocation expenses will not be provided for this position.
CRAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In your cover letter, describe how your skills and experience match the qualifications for the position.