University of Washington School of Public Health
Smoking Cessation, Marijuana & Tobacco Prevention Program Coordinator - El Centro de la Raza
Closing Date: October 5, 2018
Posted: September 5, 2018
- Present through organized workshops/classes El Centro de la Raza’s culturally appropriate curriculum based on established best practices and assembled resources to be adapted for a Spanish speaking audience in accordance with contracted work plan(s).
- Execute the 5th year work plan outlined by the National Alliance for Hispanic Health/ Nuestras Voces.
- Execute Components 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the WA DOH 2017-2018 contract and each year concurrent.
- Work collaboratively with Human Services Director for guidance on policy work on updates to the Executive Director and Leadership team.
- Prepare monthly reports and invoices, including CSBG mid and end of year reports and monthly report for Board of Directors.
- Engage in webinars, conference calls as related to contracted work.
- On an ongoing basis, actively engage community and regional stakeholder organizations to become Network members.
- Develop and initiate strategies to conduct outreach and education on tobacco and cancer control through local and social media.
- Support the dissemination of Network-related information to partners and stakeholders throughout the Contractor’s NCCDPHP region as requested by Alliance.
- Communicate with the alliance staff or its agents and/or other representatives via written reports describing progress and issues pertaining to the Nuestras Voces Project. The information provided must be complete and responsive to the information requested.
- Present workshops in Seattle Public High Schools; Ingraham, Chief Sealth, Ballard, Denny Middle School in accordance with work plan.
- Weekly meets and updates Human Services Director regarding policy, prevention and progress of the overall scope of work.
- Attend weekly Charla meetings, staff meetings, case manager meetings & monthly general
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as
- A. degree
- 8-10 years’ work experience
- 5 years of experience working in social services and/or policy work.
- Bilingual Spanish/English both written and oral fluency.
- Must have a car and a valid Washington driver’s license and show evidence of insurability.
- Must have excellent oral, written and organizational communication skills.
- Experience in presentations and facilitating groups.
- Must be effective in conflict resolution.
- Must have excellent computer skills, specifically in Excel & Power Point.
- Familiar with Outcome and Indicator Reporting.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Experience working with immigrant/refugee populations.
Please send resume to Shannon Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by El Centro de la Raza at 2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, to drop off a resume. If you have questions, please call 206.957.4626.