University of Washington School of Public Health
EHS Specialist - Juno Therapeutics
Closing Date: October 7, 2018
Posted: September 7, 2018
The primary focus of the EHS Specialist will be to support the EHS programs at the Bothell location which includes manufacturing and laboratories. The EHS Specialist will work directly with Operations and serve as an expert regarding general safety, chemical hygiene, biosafety and environmental management to ensure best practices and compliance with all relevant state and federal regulations. Shiftwork and weekend work may be required.Skills/Eligibility:
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills to effectively support our positive safety culture.
- Strong ability to interact positively with diverse colleagues and departments on a daily basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state, and local environmental health and safety regulations and procedures that apply to the biotech industry.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using effective and appropriate judgment.
- Rigorous dedication to detail that is required to sustain an effective safety program.
- Strong sense of urgency in addition to the ability to prioritize and complete projects in a timely manner.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - orientated on results.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, environmental health, chemistry, biology, or closely related scientific field plus minimum of 3 years of directly related EHS experience, preferably in a Biopharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing or laboratory environment.
Strong background in general safety in a Biopharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing environment is preferred.