University of Washington School of Public Health
Consulting Internship, Healthcare: Advanced Degree Students, Class of 2020 - ECG Management Consultants
Closing Date: January 31, 2019
Posted: September 21, 2018
ECG, a national management consulting firm working exclusively in the healthcare industry, was named top overall healthcare management consulting firm in a 2018 Best in KLAS report.
At ECG, our primary emphasis is on quality—in our people and our services. When you work at ECG, we empower you to be your best. We hire you for your ability, integrity, and education, and we assign you challenging projects and help you grow professionally.
Our Healthcare Consulting Internship provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to students during the summer prior to their final year of their advanced degree studies. Interns work alongside our talented team of consultants, gaining valuable industry exposure and a wealth of knowledge. The program runs for 10 to 12 weeks during the summer of 2019.
As an intern for ECG, you are part of the team: a resource to be utilized, not simply someone to push paper. You will be hired into one of our five divisions (Strategy and Business Advisory, Operations Improvement and Technology, Provider Financial Services, Managed Care Services, and Academic Healthcare) and be part of a team offering a comprehensive suite of innovative, yet practical, solutions to address the most complex and high-stakes challenges facing today’s healthcare providers. You will gain a greater understanding of how we as consultants help our clients improve the delivery of healthcare, as well as a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from your meaningful contributions to client projects, Additionally, you will be assigned an independent project and have an opportunity to present it the firm at the end of your internship.
As an ECG intern, your responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting data to inform client recommendations.
- Utilizing financial modeling to conduct in-depth analyses and recommend executable strategies.
- Assisting in developing and managing work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Assisting with client proposal development.
- Defining project analyses and deliverables.
- Working on multiple engagements.
- Communicating project progress and seeking input.
- Graduating class of 2020 with a MBA, MHA, MPH, MBA/MHA or MBA/MPH (other advanced degrees may be considered)
- Three or more years of applicable professional experience prior to graduate school (e.g., healthcare consulting and/or hospital administration/operations) or a strong business background in strategic operations, finance, or consulting
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the healthcare industry
- Proven track record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise
- Track record of excellence and passion for client service
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, DC
If this describes what you are looking for in a summer internship experience and you are energized by the idea of improving healthcare, please begin the recruitment process by submitting your resume and cover letter through the career portal on our website, www.ecgmc.com/. We look forward to connecting with you.
ECG is a strategic consulting firm that is leading healthcare forward using knowledge and expertise built over the course of more than four decades to help clients see clearly where the industry is going and navigate toward success. We work as trusted, professional partners with hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and academic medical centers across the country. We thrive on delivering smart counsel and pragmatic solutions to the critical challenges facing healthcare providers. Client success is our primary objective. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, DC.
ECG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ECG does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of any characteristic or activity that is legally protected, including race; ancestry; creed; color; religion; national origin; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; families with children; familial status; sex; genetic information; marital status; sexual orientation, gender expression, or gender identity; political ideology; age; honorably discharged veteran or military status; sensory, physical, or mental impairment; or other legally protected characteristics or activities.
We participate in E-Verify as part of our onboarding process.How to Apply: