University of Washington School of Public Health
Operations Coordinator (Research Operations Team) - Acumen, LLC
Closing Date: November 30, 2018
Posted: October 3, 2018
The Company: Acumen, LLC / The SPHERE Institute provide government agencies with high-quality, impartial research to inform decision-making related to health care policy. We help to ensure that policymakers, health care providers, and the public have the best available evidence upon which to base their choices. At its core, our research offers an opportunity to use data to solve problems that matter.
The Group: The Research Operations group helps push Acumen’s research forward. We work with teams across the company to address problems, questions, and suggestions that are raised by the research side. Fundamentally that entails connecting teams with the information and tools they need, which means our group’s responsibilities span everything from developing in-house references and training programs to working with Acumen’s tech departments on solutions for the research side.
The Position: As an Operations Coordinator, you will play a critical role in scaling the group’s activities to meet the growing needs of Acumen’s research teams. Both the challenge and excitement of the role lies in the flexibility it requires. You will get exposed to new types of skills, responsibilities, topics, and collaborators on a daily basis. In return, we ask that you leverage these abilities to work on important projects whose outcomes can affect the trajectory of the company.
Responsibilities: The Operations Coordinator is responsible for balancing day-to-day requests while continuing to advance the team’s broader objectives and initiatives. Specifically, you will:
- Work across research teams to understand their needs and workflow
- Diagnose problems faced by research teams and develop recommendations using data
- Contribute to developing and updating resources for Acumen’s research teams
- Identify gaps or shortcomings in processes or products and make improvements
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures for programs overseen by the Research Operations group
- Manage multiple work streams under compressed timeframes
- Develop request specifications and handle communication with other teams and divisions
- Maintain the group’s information and project management databases
- Track and report the group’s activities, including requests, assignments, and meetings
- Draft project status reports and summaries for company-wide progress updates
Qualifications:The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor’s degree and exemplify the following qualities:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical perspective
- Adaptive and introspective approach to work
- Initiative and ability to push work forward
- Open communication style (i.e., able to receive feedback and provide it)
- Ability to build systems and identify solutions
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. A transcript is not required, but is preferred. We look forward to seeing your application.
Job LocationBurlingame, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular