University of Washington School of Public Health
Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowships - ACLS
Closing Date: October 24, 2018
Posted: October 4, 2018
Application Deadline: October 24, 2018
ACLS invites applications for Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowships, which support a year of research and writing to help advanced graduate students in the humanities and related social sciences in the last year of PhD dissertation writing. The program encourages timely completion of the PhD. Applicants must be prepared to complete their dissertations within the period of their fellowship tenure and no later than August 31, 2020.
ACLS will award 65 fellowships in this competition for a one-year term beginning between June and September 2019 for the 2019-20 academic year. The fellowship may be carried out in residence at the fellow’s home institution, abroad, or at another appropriate site for the research. These fellowships may not be held concurrently with any other fellowship or grant. The total award of up to $38,000 includes a stipend plus additional funds for university fees and research support.
- be a PhD candidate in a humanities or social science department in the United States.
- have completed all requirements for the PhD except the dissertation (i.e., obtained ABD status) by the application deadline.
- be no more than six years into the degree program at the time of application. This includes time spent earning an MA within that program.
- not currently hold or have previously held a dissertation completion fellowship.
- have not previously applied for this fellowship more than once.