University of Washington School of Public Health
Quality Analyst - University of Vermont
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: October 4, 2018
The Department of Medicine Quality Program at the University of Vermont, Robert Larner M.D. College of Medicine seeks a highly motivated Quality Analyst (Biostatistician) to join its growing team. This position will provide biostatistical expertise to independently assemble, clean and analyze clinical data sets using methods appropriate for analysis of quality improvement, patient safety, and health services research. The Quality Analyst will serve as a primary resource for faculty, mentored trainees, and external collaborators to consult in designing studies and interpreting data. This position will develop and maintain databases and analytic systems to collect, manage and analyze research data, including identifying and evaluating appropriate systems to support quality, patient safety and health services research. The Quality Analyst will collaborate with researchers to develop, draft, and implement study documents, as well as oversee and maintain regulatory documentation. This position reports directly to the Department of Medicine Vice Chair for Quality.
- Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology, or a related field
- Demonstrated expertise in biostatistics and statistics for quality improvement, patient safety, health services, clinical, and/or educational research,
- Familiarity with survey development, design and analyses
- Proficiency with statistical software
- Proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and word processing software applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with analyses of electronic health records and/or claims databases is preferred.
- Proficiency with Stata, REDCap, and graphical / visualization software such as Tableau.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Interested candidates must submit a resume or CV online at www.uvmjobs.com under posting number S1578PO. Questions about this opportunity may be directed to Dr. Allen Repp, Vice Chair for Quality and Professor of Medicine, at email@example.com.