University of Washington School of Public Health
Research Specialist, Healthcare - ASRC Federal
Part-time position, 40 hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Posted: October 5, 2018
This is an excellent position for a Research Specialist (Healthcare) to join our team as we support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Connected Health Branch headquartered on Joint Base Lewis-McChord with a mission to promote cutting-edge approaches for the use of connected health technology to identify, treat and minimize/eliminate the short-and long-term effects of debilitating health conditions on military readiness.
DHA Connected Health expands upon the mission of the former National Center for Telehealth & Technology (T2), established to conduct joint evaluation, integration, and dissemination of telehealth and technology best practices, along with training, coordination, and technical service delivery to include support for the DHA Clinical Communities of interest across primary and specialty medical care.
- BA/BS in a health-related discipline with emphasis on research
- Three (3) years of related experience with the ability to manage research protocols and write grant proposals
- Experience developing and validating survey instruments
- Demonstrated ability to engage and build relationships with stakeholders
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience working with an Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Flexibility in shifting work assignments and priorities
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams, collaboratively on project assignments
- US Citizenship is required and the ability to pass a DoD background investigation
- Performs research on various health-related topics including behavioral health
- Writes grant proposals and manages study protocols to gather relevant information on customer requested topics
- Meets with stakeholders to ascertain requirements and parameters of research and what data is relevant
- Analyzes data utilizing Excel and Access
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor prohibited by by applicable law.