University of Washington School of Public Health
Senior Director, Environmental Operations - Holland America Line
Closing Date: December 13, 2018
Posted: November 13, 2018
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in the science, engineering, or technology fields; maritime and/or maritime regulatory experience strongly preferred. Environmental experience required, preferentially in a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of environmental issues particularly as they relate to the cruise industry.
- A thorough understanding of international (MARPOL), regional, national, and local environmental regulations, and Company Environmental Procedures, including the application of their respective requirements.
- Proficient in computer software Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information quickly and communicate salient points as appropriate. Ability to display good judgment, manage multiple competing priorities, identify and mitigate systemic and operational risk factors in environmental systems, develop and deploy complex programs. Ability to lead local and remote teams.
- Up to 30% travel, including domestic and international locations, may be required, including occasional visits to the ships in the fleets.Work beyond normal business hours will be required occasionally to support business needs, projects or operational support that may be required outside of normal business hours or on weekends.
How to Apply: