University of Washington School of Public Health
Lead Researcher - Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ
Closing Date: December 16, 2018
Posted: November 16, 2018
The Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ is looking for a seasoned activist researcher who has experience in the labor movement, community organizing, journalism or political work to support the Union’s new organizing campaigns.
32BJ’s Research Department plays a vital role in the Union’s organizing campaigns by conducting corporate research and developing and implementing strategies and tactics to advance campaign goals. Work includes tracking key industry trends and players, performing industry, company and individual research, and recruiting, leading, developing, and mentoring staff. We have a vacancy for a Lead Research in our NY office.
32BJ offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes employer-paid medical and dental plans for full-time staff and their qualified dependents.
32BJ is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.Skills/Eligibility:
- 4-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist/labor movement experience
- Strong technical research skills and ability to apply research to development of strategic organizing campaigns
- Familiarity with corporate research, financial analysis, employment law or investigative journalism
- Experience with a variety of computer-based research tools and good quantitative skills
- Excellent writing ability
- Excellent political and internal organizational skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment
- Enthusiastic commitment to strengthening the labor movement
- Experience in leading strategic campaigns in support of organizing and/or bargaining, including the development of campaign strategy
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and supervise research staff within a labor or progressive community organization
Fluency in Spanish is a plusHow to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter, and a brief writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use “Lead Researcher position” in the Subject line of your email.