University of Washington School of Public Health
VETERANS OUTREACH SPECIALIST - El Centro de la Raza
Closing Date: December 20, 2018
Posted: November 20, 2018
The Veterans Outreach Specialist shall provide outreach services including information, referral and follow-up services to women veterans and veterans of color, targeting Asian and Latino Veterans and their families to increase the number of veterans who are connected with veterans’ benefits, services and resources and other regional housing, health and human services. Meets all program targets, outcomes, & goals.
- Develop and provide outreach services including information, referral and follow-up services to women veterans and veterans of color and their families to increase the number who are connected with veterans’ benefits, services and resources and other regional housing, health and human service
- Maintain and organize participant hard copy and electronic file
- Develop and provide effective prevention and intervention strategies for at-risk vetera
- Gather and maintain referral information that contains current resource and service options throughout King County.
- Provides targeted outreach services in South King County one day per week.
- Monitor the progress of the program by keeping updated information in Salesforce, accurate client files/notes, maintaining records of services rendered, and collecting eva
- Submit the following reports electronically to the Emergency Services Supervisor in a format and method approved by the King County, and upon Director’s approval submitted to King County. Reports include:
- Service Activity Report, to be submitted monthly;
- Client Demographic Report, to be submitted monthly;
- Human Services Outcome Report and Narrative Report, to be submitted with the June and December invoiThis report shall include the strategies used during the previous six-months to locate, identify, engage and refer veterans to appropriate resources, including collaborative referrals to Therapeutic Health Services.
- Provide one-on-one follow-up contact in office, with a client or an individual who has been referred by another contractor, family member, or individual in the following situations: It includes:
- Responding to messages within 48 hours that were left outside normal business hours;
- Ensuring the client has successfully made contact with services to which they have been
referred. It is anticipated this follow-up would be provided within two weeks;
- Contacting a client who may pose a danger to him or herself or others or in a potentially dangerous situation;
- Contacting a client when staff believes the client does not have the necessary skills to follow through and resolve their problems; and
- Determining a client’s satisfaction with outreach services.
- Provide a monthly report for Board of Direc
- Enter program data into Salesforce database on a monthly basis.
- Attend weekly Charla meeting
- Meets weekly with
- Attends outreach events as approved by supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with veterans.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environme
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work in collaborati
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality on clients’ doc
- Must be highly organized, self–motivated, multi-tasked, self-directed, and detail- orie
- Attends staff meetings as require
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assignedSkills/Eligibility:
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- B.A. Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of social services work experience.
- Experience in public health and/or outreach experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral contex
- Excellent use of Microsoft computer software.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Latino community and/or diverse communit
- Must have a Washington State Driver’s License, vehicle, and proof of insurability.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as the position require
Please send resume to Shannon Armstrong at email@example.com, or stop by El Centro de la Raza at 2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, to drop off a resume and pick up an application. If you have questions, please call 206.957.4626.