University of Washington School of Public Health
Epidemiologist-HCV Surveillance Coordinator - Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists
Closing Date: January 3, 2019
Posted: December 5, 2018
Summary Statement: The Epidemiologist will work on-site for twelve (12) months at the Delaware Division of Public Health *. The Epidemiologist will achieve the following outputs:
- Conduct a jurisdiction-level vulnerability assessment as well as lead plans to address local gaps in prevention services for opioid overdose and HIV/HCV.
- One of the following approaches to conduct the vulnerability assessment will be used: hotspot mapping, statistical modeling, or geospatial analysis
- Create HCV cases using electronic laboratory data in Delaware Electronic Reporting and Surveillance System (DERSS) applying CDC case definitions. These case data will be used in the vulnerability assessment.
- Determine disease status of HCV cases (acute, chronic, on treatment, or cured).
- Identify and assign any associated risk factors for all acute cases.
- Create a comprehensive Delaware HCV report containing sufficient demographic and risk factor information to guide further research and prevention interventions.
- Disseminate and use assessment findings to inform development of future strategies and address gaps in prevention and intervention needs.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in conducting infectious disease investigations or surveillance activities. Knowledge and experience with HCV, HIV, or injection drug use as well as application of statistical modeling, geospatial mapping/analysis methods are preferred.
- US Citizen
- Minimum of Master’s Degree and/or equivalent to Epidemiology education, experience and expertise.
Additional Qualifications and Employment Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in epidemiology, biostatistics or injection drug use surveillance.
- SAS proficiency required.
- Familiarity with case classifications.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work on concurrent projects with overlapping and competing deadlines and to manage time effectively.
Application Instructions: Please send full CV and cover letter to Cailyn Lingwall at email@example.com
* This position is a contractor and is not employed by the Delaware Division of Public Health or the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists. Relocation expenses are not included.