University of Washington School of Public Health
Biostatistician I / II - Kaiser Permanente
Closing Date: January 14, 2019
Posted: December 14, 2018
Under general supervision, provide statistical support for a wide variety of research projects under the supervision of higher level biostatisticians.
- Provide data analysis support for researchers and biostatisticians in the research department by using statistical software.
- Produce tables and graphics for statistical reports using a SAS and other computer languages.
- Prepare datasets for analysis by merging files, creating analysis variables, editing data, and developing documentation.
- Assist with interpretation of analysis results.
- Design and implement appropriate data collection and quality control methods.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in analyzing research data using statistical package(s).
- Master’s degree or in biostatistics, statistics, mathematics or a related field of study with at least one (1) year of coursework in statistics or biostatistics.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to organize and manipulate large datasets.
- Ability to express complex statistical concepts and technical information to researchers or to audiences with clinical training.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.