University of Washington School of Public Health
Physician & Surgeon - Epidemiology Surveillance - California Prison Health Care
Closing Date: January 17, 2019
Posted: December 17, 2018
$276,684 - $290,520 Annual Range (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$262,824 - $275,976 Annual Range (Lifetime Board Certified)
Are you passionate about public health and infectious disease management? With 35 facilities, each facing their own epidemiological challenges, you will encounter a wide array of cases, allowing you to further hone your investigatory, diagnostic, and treatment skills.
Within CCHCS’ Public Health Branch, under the direction of the Headquarter Deputy Medical Executive, and in conjunction with the Program Development Section, you will
- Serve as an infectious disease and public health subject matter expert and consultant
- Develop programs designed to prevent and control outbreaks of communicable diseases
- Conduct Public Health Program evaluations and analyses used in policy change proposals
- Serve as the lead for complex outbreak and contact investigations
Provide public health consultation to Chief Medical Executives, clinical providers, and public health nurses at institutions, Headquarters, and Regional Offices throughout the state
- Ensure reports and information are disseminated efficiently to required agencies and interested stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s of Public Health with an emphasis in epidemiology; completion of a 3-year Residency Program and Board Certification in Preventive Medicine; completion of 2 years with the Epidemic Intelligence Service of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and experience working on outbreak investigations, epidemiological studies, and cost-effectiveness analyses.
This exceptional opportunity is based at CCHCS’ Headquarters in Elk Grove. Located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento and 90 miles east of San Francisco, Elk Grove is a family-friendly bedroom community featuring modern neighborhoods, excellent schools, and all of the amenities you and your family desire.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- 40-hour workweek – affords you true work-life balance
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Secure State of California pension that vests in five years
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans – tax defer up to $48k per year
- Paid CME with paid time off to attend
- Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
- And much more
How to Apply:
Take the first step in joining this outstanding team and contact us today!
Danny Richardson, Recruiter
To apply online, please visit www.cchcs.ca.gov and select ‘Careers’.