University of Washington School of Public Health
Administrative Assistant - El Centro de la Raza
This position is open to undergraduates.
Closing Date: January 17, 2019
Posted: December 17, 2018
Provides administrative support and assistance to the Early Learning Home Visiting Director and home visiting programs. Assists director with administrative tasks, data entry, generating reports, creating maps, agendas, purchase requests, managing calendars and other duties as assigned.
Provides administrative and staff support to the Director by answering phone calls, relaying communication to staff, collects weekly calendars, board reports, monthly invoices, and coordinates staff meetings. Runs errands, database entry, needed research, and prepares contract and billing files, travel files, APVs, donations and other assigned administrative duties.
- Computer/Copier/Fax/Telephones trainings and assistant to department staff and Volunteers. Manages office supplies orders.
- Updates office procedures, program information, and staff lists. Maintains various office keys.
- Assigns office duties and follow up for work-study students, volunteers, and interns.
- Works collectively and with Director, and holds confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Special event coordination, matrix updates and assigned special projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Exercises initiative in independent problem solving, skillful organizing and performing multiple tasks within the expected timeline.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain composure and work effectively in stressful situations.
- Must be able to maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, and work well under pressure with the Director and other administrative staff.
- Well-developed proof reading & review skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidences and handle highly confidential materials.
- Must perform in a professional manner at all times.
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
- AA degree required.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in an office environment and adherence to office protocol.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows & Excel.
- Must possesses strong written and oral communication & coordination skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a must.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
Works in a general office environment 20 hours per week. Position may require a flexible schedule.How to Apply:
Please send resume to Shannon Armstrong at email@example.com, or stop by El Centro de la Raza at 2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, to drop off a resume and pick up an application. If you have questions, please call 206.957.4626.