University of Washington School of Public Health
Development Intern - American Lung Association
Closing Date: February 8, 2019
Posted: January 8, 2019
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Development Intern to join our incredible team in our Seattle, WA office. Working alongside members of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the intern will assist the American Lung Association Development staff to execute fundraising activities to gain experience in the field of special event planning.
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship
- Qualified candidates must be enthusiastic, reliable, and interested in developing a career in special events, fundraising, or non-profit management
- Qualified candidates should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, and have a keen interest in the mission of the American Lung Association
- Ability to multitask, perform in a team environment, and a demonstrated willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all unpaid interns and volunteers must abstain from tobacco use in any form
Please e-mail you cover letter and resume to (include EXACT title in subject of email):