University of Washington School of Public Health
Program Manager - The Data Center
Closing Date: January 28, 2019
Posted: January 9, 2019
The Program Manager will focus on research activities dedicated to youth and following up on the widely successful New Orleans Youth Index. This position will be responsible for developing and identifying future youth research concepts in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in addition to supporting the data and analysis components of an education “dashboard,” which we support.
The successful candidate will also support a new initiative at The Data Center, the IMPACT Fellowship: Improving Measures & Practices through Action, Coaching, and Training. The IMPACT Fellowship is a training program to build capacity of organizations and individuals through improvements in data literacy to enhance programmatic impact. This initiative is currently in development; as such, the Program Manager will need to ensure successful launch and execution of a pilot, as well as solidify the long-term vision for the program.
Given these responsibilities, we are looking for a candidate who can handle oversight of the implementation of activities and deliverables, as well as help to set priorities, monitor budgets, manage marketing and advertising messages, give presentations to external clients, and aid in fund development activities. The Program Manager is a valuable member of The Data Center and will work closely with the Research team, the Data Analytics team, and the Leadership team.
- The minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or institution. A graduate degree is preferred and may substitute for two years of experience. A PhD would be considered ideal.
- 5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following:
- Experience managing youth-related projects or programs in nonprofit, education, or other related setting.
- Experience with program management or program evaluation.
- Experience in curriculum development, instructional design, or training program design.
- Research experience, which may include authoring publications or working in partnership with subject matter experts to publish research.
Applicants should email the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position, relevant experience, and career goals;
- A current resume, including educational background and relevant skills;
- Name and contact information for three professional references.
Please use “Program Manager” as the subject line for your emailed submission. Deadline to submit application materials is Monday, January 28, 2019. No phone calls please.