University of Washington School of Public Health
Asbestos Compliance Specialist - Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Closing Date: January 23, 2019
Posted: January 11, 2019
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has a full-time opening for an Asbestos Compliance Specialist (Natural Resource Specialist 3) with the Northwest Region Environmental Partnerships Section in Portland, Oregon.Skills/Eligibility:
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum qualifications (required skills):
- Three (3) years of experience in a physical science, environmental science or closely related natural resource field.
- At least one (1) year of the experience must be at a technical or professional level performing activities in a natural resource program conducting investigations, applying pertinent laws and regulations, determining compliance or noncompliance with laws and regulations and recommending enforcement actions; AND
- A Bachelor’s degree in a physical science, environmental science or a closely related natural resource field, OR Three (3) additional years of related, pertinent, experience.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application. We will not accept a resume or position description in place of a completed application. Because of the volume of applications we receive, we do not review any attachments that are not requested.
- In addition to your online application, please attach your resume and a letter of intent. Your letter of intent will also need to address your experience and how it qualifies you for the position for which you are applying.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all of the minimum and special qualifications listed above. If it does not, it will be removed from further consideration.
- Complete the supplemental questions. Answers to the supplemental questions must be substantiated with the experience you listed in the work experience section of the application. (Please note that your responses may also be evaluated for grammar, spelling and punctuation.)
- To receive credit for higher education coursework, transcripts (official or unofficial) must be submitted prior to interview (if selected). Note: To protect your confidential information, please redact (black out) your social security number on all transcripts before attaching to your application.