University of Washington School of Public Health
Water Quality Monitoring Specialist - Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Closing Date: January 16, 2019
Posted: January 11, 2019
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality currently has an opportunity for a Water Quality Monitoring Specialist (Natural Resource Specialist 1) to join an innovative team, and advance our agency’s mission to protect and improve Oregon’s environmental quality. This position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon at the DEQ Laboratory.Skills/Eligibility:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Biology, Water Quality, Engineering, or a related field; OR
- Three years of experience in a Natural Resources, Environmental or Biological Science, Water Quality, or a related field.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Complete the application. We will not accept a resume or position description in place of a completed application. Because of the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to review attachments that we do not ask for.
- The work experience and/or education section of your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet all of the minimum and special qualifications listed above. If it does not, we are required to disqualify it.
- Complete the supplemental questions. Answers to the supplemental questions must be substantiated with the experience you listed in the work experience section of the application. (Please note that your responses may also be evaluated for grammar, spelling, and punctuation).
- To receive credit for higher education coursework, transcripts (official or unofficial) must be submitted prior to interview (if selected). Note: To protect your confidential information, please redact (black out) your social security number on all transcripts before attaching to your application.