University of Washington School of Public Health
Environmental Science Center Beach Naturalist - Environmental Science Center
Closing Date: February 13, 2019
Posted: January 31, 2019
The Beach Heroes program introduces students to the local Puget Sound beach habitat and the organisms that live there. During the 1-hour classroom visit, students will understand proper beach etiquette and stewardship while learning about marine invertebrates and their relationship to the beach habitat. The 2-hour field study features both naturalist-led beach exploration and structured activities, during which students will learn all about the habitat restoration of Seahurst Beach!Skills/Eligibility:
- Experience teaching children and adults in outdoor or informal settings.
- Knowledge of the Puget Sound nearshore habitat including marine invertebrate and seaweed identification, tide zonation, and ecological relationships.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exceptional interpretive skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a Washington State background check.
Please fill out naturalist application from our website https://envsciencecenter.org/about/jobs/ and send updated resume with subject line “Job Opening Beach Naturalist” via e-mail to ESC’s Program Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 13th. For more information, email or call (206) 248-4266.