University of Washington School of Public Health
MAP Scholarship Information and Application
Applications for 2017-2018 MAP Scholarships are now open. Applications must be received by May 12, 2017.
Founded in 1994, the Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) is dedicated to promoting diversity at the UW and in the UW alumni community.
MAP awards scholarships to deserving University of Washington students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW. Funding for these scholarships comes from contributions from UW alumni and friends as well as proceeds from the Bridging the Gap Breakfastheld annually on Homecoming Saturday.
How to Apply
Completing the online application process includes two steps:
Step 1: Complete the MAP Scholarship online application questionnaire. You will receive a confirmation code and instructions for Step 2 when you submit your application.
- One reference letter from faculty member, adviser, academic personnel, or community leader (signed reference letter must be scanned and uploaded by the applicant)
- A one-page typed narrative describing the applicant’s personal background, academic and career goals, financial need, commitment to diversity, and the applicant’s involvement with campus and/or community organizations
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
Additional materials will not be accepted. We will not accept phone calls regarding application status. Recipients will be contacted by telephone. Non-recipients will not be notified; if you have not been contacted within five weeks of the application deadline, you were not selected. However, the Office of Student Financial Aid will retain your application in case other scholarship funds become available. All information will be kept confidential.
To qualify for a MAP scholarship, you must:
- Be a continuing student in good standing at UW Seattle, UW Bothell or UW Tacoma
- Be a full-time UW undergraduate, graduate or professional student
- Have completed at least one quarter at the UW
- Demonstrate financial aid need as determined by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid
Scholarship recipients must be available to attend MAP Bridging the Gap Breakfast on Saturday, October 28, 2017. The Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) strives to maintain a close relationship with its scholarship recipients. Support of a diverse student body is at the heart of MAP’s mission. Students are our future alumni; thus, MAP aims to support students and encourages your involvement in our programs.
Questions: Contact Dr. James Flowers, (206) 616-2309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by Monday, May 12, 2017.
Click here for more information.