University of Washington School of Public Health
Autumn Quarter 2017: UCONJ 624 Health Equity and Community Organizing Course
To all students interested in health equity and social justice:
- Do you see things in the communities you work with and/or are a part of that you wish were different?
- Do you want to help change the systems that produce health disparities?
- Are you ready to take action?
Join experienced Sound Alliance community organizers and students from across the Health Sciences this fall in UCONJ 624. We will develop your skills in advocacy and community organizing for health equity. Participate in different campaigns that work upstream to address the social determinants of health.
- Learn the fundamentals of advocacy, organizing, and their ability to impact health.
- Apply skills, gain confidence, & collaborate around a community-driven goal.
- Work with local leaders to engage in community driven listening campaigns.
- Address the social & structural injustices that contribute to & perpetuate health disparities.
- Fall quarter 2017
- Thursdays 5:30-7:20pm
- Classroom: T-473
Contact Leonora Clarke at email@example.com for an add code or with questions!