Associate Director Financial Operations - Multnomah County Health Department
THIS WORK MATTERS!
Multnomah County Health Department has a vision that includes you...Healthy People in Healthy Communities. Join a team that includes Portland’s most outstanding healthcare professionals.
Multnomah County has the position for you! The Health Department invites applications for the Assistant Director Financial Operations in our Integrated Clinical Services Division.
Integrated Clinical Services (ICS) provides access to culturally competent care and high quality clinical services that link physical and behavioral health and social services for the poor, uninsured and homeless populations. Services include medical care, disease management for chronic illness, specialized care for HIV positive individuals, behavioral health, corrections health, family planning, prenatal care, dental care and preventative services such as well child healthcare, immunizations, and nutrition services. By integrating all these healthcare services under one organization, ICS can provide clients a continuity of care, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize opportunities with grants and programs for special populations.
The Primary Care Associate Director is responsible for assisting the Primary Care Operations Director with the overall business administration and overseeing the effective operations of the Health Center’s programs. The Associate Director plays a key role in assuring the organization’s strategies are on track and on budget. Assures key performance indicators and other financial/operational goals are met, and evaluates that systems are continually in place to measure operational effectiveness. Manages the development of budget priorities and directs, reviews and approves the preparation of the primary care clinic budgets; determines needs for additional resources; leads budget implementation; directs ongoing monitoring of financial performance and implementation of corrective action as indicated. Determines and communicates how diversity and inclusion contributes to core business strategy and results. Develops plans for achieving program objectives and operational goals both requiring fiscal viability, including total annual Medicaid/Medicare, clients fee revenue; modifies procedures and guidelines to meet changing conditions or goals;Monitors expenditures and service revenues; assists in maintaining budgetary control and meet budgeted productivity targets; develops data collection systems and prepares regular statistical and progress reports.
Working closely with the Primary Care Operations Director to identify areas of financial needs, developing and overseeing operations annual budgeting and business planning process and monitors monthly expenditures and performance against budget. Researches the feasibility of developing new programs or offering expanded services throughout the clinic. Takes a proactive role in continually assessing ways to improve service offerings by observing trends in the community that will better serve our patients. In contract management, acts as a partner with the Business Office, help ensure that the organization’s financial systems, budgets, and management reporting processes are built and managed to support the organization’s growth and expansion.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don’t just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
· Requires a minimum of 5-7+ years of progressively responsible professional level experience involving both primary care services and business background. Experience working with/within community health centers or federally qualified health centers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related degree or 2-3 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Extensive knowledge of the healthcare professional revenue cycle environment and a strong understanding of medical billing principles.
· Broad knowledge of health care delivery systems: how to integrate delivery systems to achieve clinical quality, administrative effectiveness and cultural competence.
· At least 3 years’ experience supervising in a complex, multifaceted healthcare setting; experience should include exposure to ambulatory and ancillary work-flows, as well as hospital and professional billing
· Must have strong knowledge and experience in A/R Management. Experience in revenue cycle system implementation, configuration, assessment and EMR. Ability to develop, analyze, implement, and monitor productivity levels and quality improvement strategies.
· Must have high level of proficiency with computer applications i.e. Excel, Access, Word PowerPoint and other software such as E.H.R, AccPac, analytical software applications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
· Master’s Degree in Accounting, Public Health Administration, Business Administration or related field
· Active CPA
· Project Management experience a plus
· Experience with integrated health records and Epic
· Advanced knowledge of health care financing and health care delivery of various products including, but not limited to indemnity plans, HMO, POS and Medicare.
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
APPLY ONLINE @ Associate Director Financial Operations