Post-Doctoral Fellow/Research Scientist - Seattle Children’s Research Institute
Position Summary: In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator (PI) and working independently to focus on analyses related to how environmental exposures during the perinatal and postnatal periods affect child health and development over time.
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates research assignments based on PI direction
- Develops new ideas that promote current research. Is an independent thinker. Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning and organizing research programs and activities of substantial novelty and/or importance
- Conduct statistical analyses according to the study design and prepare reports, charts and tables. Accurately and appropriately interpret and communicate results
- Makes significant contributions to scientific papers. Is author/ co-author for abstracts and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Conduct relevant literature reviews to variable definitions and analytic methods
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in specialized fields through attendance of scientific conferences
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects
- May coordinate the activity and experimental design between various departments and collaborators. Identifies and resolves technical problems
- May develop protocol for the collection and quality of research data
- May seek grant funding from external sources in support of their independent research projects. May participate in writing grant proposals
Master in Biostatistics or Epidemiology. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; medical or scientific writing experience a must, ideally with an established record of publications.
PhD degree and substantial experience from having completed post-doctoral training; established record of publications. 2-4 years of work experience in epidemiology/research.
Interested applicants please contact Dr. Sheela Sathyanarayana at firstname.lastname@example.org