Emergency Response Health & Safety Coordinator - Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Regional Emergency Response Health & Safety Coordinator to join our Superfund Technical Assessment and Response Team (START) in our Seattle office. This position provides the opportunity to work exclusively with the USEPA to support and manage a broad range of hazardous substance emergency responses, site investigations, and homeland protection-oriented activities and will provide administration and tracking of staff training, medical monitoring, and maintaining office and corporate health and safety personnel records and database. The qualified candidate will directly help protect human health and the environment by serving as a leader on an interdisciplinary environmental emergency response team comprised of chemists, chemical and environmental engineers, environmental scientists, and information specialists.
- Work on a team tasked with environmental emergency response & readiness
- Implement E&E’s Corporate Health & Safety Program including review/approval of site health and safety plans; delivering HAZWOPER refreshers; overseeing documentation for medical monitoring program, respirator inspections and fit testing, and coordinating required quarterly drug tests
- Advise staff on health and safety issues pertaining to state and federal laws/regulations
- Establish and approve health and safety SOPs for emergency response activities
- Travel, emergency on-call duties, and outdoor field work at hazardous waste sites primarily in USEPA Region 10 (Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska)
- BS/MS in Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Health and Safety, or Environmental Engineering/Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of related experience with an environmental consulting firm or government agency
- Current OSHA 40-hr training
- Experience providing health and safety training, preparing/reviewing health and safety plans, conducting safety audits, and managing projects
- Experience providing safety oversight and audits on field projects including releases of hazardous substances and oil; emergency, disaster and WMD response; and removal and remedial projects
- Experience in bio-safety, radioactive materials management, field sampling and analysis, decontamination and/or mitigation methods, emergency preparedness, radiation dose assessment and management, and/or toxicology
- Expertise and experience with OSHA, NIOSH, ACGIH, EPA regulations and sampling techniques
- Ability to work on-call and mobilize into the field with little or no notice
- Ability to conduct fieldwork throughout the U.S. and carry up to 50 lbs. of field gear in challenging conditions including extreme weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in 85 scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.