Tenure-track faculty position - California State University, Fullerton
The Department of Public Health at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor faculty position in Health Disparities/Health Equity. The Department (with over 1,500 undergraduate and 80 graduate majors) offers a B.S. in Public Health (with focus areas in health promotion and disease prevention, environmental and occupational health and safety, and global health), and a Master of Public Health (with focus areas in health promotion/disease prevention, environmental and occupational health, and gerontological health). The Department offers multiple opportunities for collaboration in its research centers, including the Center for the Promotion of Healthy Lifestyles and Obesity Prevention, Center for Cancer Disparities Research, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Center, and Health Promotion Research Institute. Visit the Department of Public Health (http://hhd.fullerton.edu/hesc) and University (http://www.fullerton.edu) websites for additional information about our programs, offerings and faculty.
The primary professional responsibilities of this instructional faculty member are: teaching undergraduate and graduate public health courses in promoting health in diverse populations and health disparities/health equity and/or global health; research, scholarly, and/or creative activities; service to the department, college, university, and public health profession. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, on-going commitment to research, refereed publications, and substantial service to the department, college, university and the profession.
The Department of Public Health is committed and strives to further CSUF’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research, and/or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.Skills/Eligibility:
- An earned doctorate in public health or related field by time of appointment.
- Commitment to providing high-quality undergraduate and graduate education and demonstrated ability to teach courses related to health disparities/health equity to students from diverse backgrounds, including first-generation college students.
- Focused ongoing scholarly and creative activity in health promotion, disease prevention and/or intervention research with the goal of addressing or ameliorating health disparities and/or improving health of women, racial/ethnic minorities, persons with lower socioeconomic status, immigrant populations, or sexual minorities. Persons conducting research on health justice or global health equity with implications to U.S. populations are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated record of publications and presentations and potential for obtaining external grants and funding.
- The ability to create and maintain research ties with diverse communities.
- Potential for leadership activities in professional associations and the surrounding community.
- The ability to work collegially in a multicultural environment with a culturally diverse faculty, staff, students, and community.
- The ability to actively contribute through service to both the university and the highly diverse surrounding community.
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10495BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- a letter of intent addressing Required and Preferred (if applicable) Qualifications listed above, including a summary of teaching experience, service, and a brief overview of research agenda;
- a diversity statement (see instrctions below);
- a curriculum vita;
- graduate transcripts;
- student evaluations of teaching and/or other evidence of teaching effectiveness;
- representative samples of scholarship;
- three letters of reference (see instructions below).
Your diversity statement should provide an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of CSUF’s diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in this area.
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three references who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into the recruitment system.
Please direct questions to: Dr. Lilia Espinoza, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin November 19, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.