Program Director – Inpatient Psychiatry - Sea Mar Community Health
Sea Mar CHC is a community-based organization that has been providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities for 40 years. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar’s network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services.
Sea Mar is opening an inpatient geriatric psychiatric program in Seattle, WA, in October 2018, and is currently seeking a Program Director, who will manage all aspects of the day to day operations of the geriatric psychiatric program. The Director must be willing to implement new models of care, in which innovation is a core component of the services provided to clients. The Director will act as the representative of the program to State and County agencies, community partners, and all other stakeholders. This person will ensure regulatory compliance and actively oversee quality improvement activities. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with other departments and the Behavioral Health management team.
- Demonstrates Sea Mar’s mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Program. Responsible for the administrative and clinical oversight and functioning of the Program.
- Monitors and ensures a therapeutic and safe program environment
- Develops program schedules, and revises program schedules in order to best meet the collective needs of clients in the Program
- Acts as the privacy contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to administrative staff
- Ensures that all Program staff have had access to sufficient orientation and training
- Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
- Master’s degree in public administration, social work, healthcare administration, or business. (4)+ years of experience in an administrative management position in a healthcare setting, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting
- Experience managing program budgets and evaluating program goals
- Experience writing and administering grants
- Proven experience as a supervisor, leader, or healthcare Director
- Deep knowledge of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
- A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Must have Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training or be willing to take the training.
- All opportunities at Sea Mar CHC are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of employee health screening, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations
- Good communication, team building, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles
- Good customer relations skills
- Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change
Sea Mar offers a competitive employee benefits package, which includes an exceptional health care plan with medical, dental, and pharmacy coverage.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Claudia D’Allegri.