Health Care Investigator 3 (In-Training) - State of Washington-City of Tumwater
This position will be filled at the Health Care Investigator 1 level, in-training to Health Care Investigator 3. After successful completion of a twelve (12) month in-training period, you will advance to Health Care Investigator 2 (range 55). Here you will spend twenty-four (24) months mastering the skills required for this position. After completion of the total thirty-six (36) month in-training plan, you will advance to Health Care Investigator 3 (range 58).
What the first year looks like
The in-training plan involves a combination of formal, and on-the-job training with an assigned investigator by assisting with their caseload. As you gain experience in investigative skills and techniques you will be assigned specific cases. You will work with the assigned investigator and the director of investigations to refine and grow your skills.
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help people in Washington stay healthy and safe. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies. To learn more about the agency, visit our website, DOH Infographic (Download PDF reader), and see what it’s like to Work@Health!
DOH is a great place to work and has implemented several "Employer of Choice" initiatives, including:
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion. DOH fosters an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work each day. We strive to hire, develop, and retain a competent and diverse workforce that is reflective of the customers we serve.
- We have an engaging Wellness@Health program which offers programs that support healthy behaviors and work/life balance. Our program provides wellness education, access to healthy food, physical activity classes, stress relief, and many other resources to support a healthy you.
- We support a healthy work/life balance by offering flexible/alternative work schedules, and mobile and telework options. (Depending upon job duties.)
- We are making exciting steps towards modernizing our workplace by providing motivating and inspiring workspaces that promote creative thought, innovation, and collaboration among co-workers.
- We have an Infant at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of breastfeeding newborns and infant-parent bonding. Eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers, or legal guardians can bring their infant (6 weeks to 6 months) when returning to work. (Depending upon job duties and work location.)
What we’re looking for
Success in this position requires one to be a team player, defined as having a driving passion for the work, bringing humility to their job and people interactions, and understanding how their words and actions affect others.
- Option 1: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health care field, business administration, public administration, criminal justice, or a related field. And one (1) year of experience as a Health Care Investigator 1 within state service.
- Option 2: A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health care field, business administration, public administration, criminal justice, or a related field. And two (2) years of direct, hands-on patient care.
- Option 3: Four (4) years of direct, hands-on patient care.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, oral or visual) to write and speak clearly, concisely, accurately and informatively as well as originally written composition: structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling, self-editing
- Advanced skills in the following: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet research. Note: advanced skills in these areas are defined as having extensive knowledge, study of, and competence in the skills required to create a finished, professional level work product in a timely fashion without assistance from others.
Note: A background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Click "Apply" to submit your detailed application profile along with the following:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific required and desired qualifications for this position.
- A current resume.
- Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) a subordinate.
DO NOT attach transcripts or other documents that are not requested in the Application Process, or that are password protected. These type of documents cause errors when downloading application materials and will not be forwarded to the hiring