ACTG LOC Grants Administrator - UCLA CARE Center
The Department of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases is engaged in the management of an international, multicenter clinical trials network to advance therapeutics in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and viral hepatitis. This operation requires coordination of a research and clinical trials infrastructure that includes the fields of virology, immunology, pharmacology, mycobacteriology, specimen banking, clinical trials design, clinical trials data management, and new drug and laboratory testing regulatory affairs. The core research activities of this group involve international multi-institutional clinical trials in collaboration with the AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG), a cooperative group funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)-funded and other collaborating NIH Institutes and Centers, as well as interactions with industry partners that provide support for some of this work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3+ years grant management experience
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and accept responsibility for designated assignments.
- Ability to work in a team with other grant administrators, research staff, administrative staff, PI’s, and Research Management.
- Demonstrated skills in preparing clear and comprehensive financial reports for use by the PI, granting agencies, and the Department Administration
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, faculty, and other campus departments.
- Skill in the administration of complex multiple accounts from federal and private agencies.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with constant interruptions and changing priorities and to ensure completion of all work in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to occasionally work overtime as needed to complete projects.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Must feel comfortable working on many different projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of accounting and finance, experience in clinical trials budgeting and familiarity with NIH Policies
Please apply through the UCLA Health Careers website and forward resumes and cover letters to Else Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.