Methods Research Assistant - Portland VA Hospital
The Methods Research Assistant performs a variety of essential administrative and technical functions supporting the SRC and methods activities, including but not limited to: ensuring program partners receive exceptional customer service; scheduling, coordinating in-person meetings and conference calls; note taking, carefully tracking information; editing draft documents and manuscripts; assisting with queries, data entry, and other tasks as needed. These functions largely support the coordination and facilitation of EPC Methods Workgroup activities and the EPC Steering Committee. The position is demanding and the research assistant must be able to work with frequent interruptions. A high level of independence, judgment, and teamwork is required.
Supervisor: SRC Project Manager
Coordinate and Facilitate EPC Methods Workgroup Meetings
- Organize and schedule calls
- Take meeting minutes
- Monitor email communication
- Develop meeting agendas
- Follow up with action items
Assist Workgroups with Literature Reviews
- Maintain database of all literature
- Track abstract review
- Retrieve full-text literature
- Track full-text review and assignments
Assist Workgroups with Qualitative Interviews
- Invite interviewees and collect COI forms
- Schedule interviews and coordinate calls
- Organize conference recording and note transcription
Support EPC Steering Committee
- Organize and schedule calls, draft meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, and monitor email communication
- Create PowerPoint meeting presentations.
- Create, monitor, and synthesize findings from EPC surveys.
- Assisting with queries, data entry, and other tasks.
Coordinate and Facilitate EPC Program In-person and Virtual Meetings
- Organize and schedule meetings
- Develop meeting agendas
- Coordinate with external speakers
- Develop presentations for Methods workgroup presentations
Support the SRC
- Track and document methods products and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in social or health science research or related field.
- One year of research or administrative experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize competing priorities, follow through on tasks and meet deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, computer, and interpersonal.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Aptitude for learning new software tools and technology.
- Excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate needs and problem solve.
- Patient, dependable, conscientious and efficient.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility.
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Courses in epidemiology, research methods, statistics, and/or scientific or technical writing.
- Experience using reference management software (e.g., EndNote, RevMan).
- Experience with qualitative analysis techniques and software tools
Supervisory Responsibilities: NoneHow to Apply: