Bridging the Gap (BTG) Medical Interpreter Training Program Coordinator - The Cross Cultural Health Care Program
POSITION: Bridging the Gap (BTG) Medical Interpreter Training
Start Date: January 2019
Status: Full-time non-exempt
Salary: $20.75 per hour
Reports to: Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreter Training Program Manager
Job Summary: This position provides administrative and coordination support for the Bridging the Gap medical interpreter training and licensing program.
The Cross Cultural Health Care Program’s Bridging the Gap (BTG) medical interpreter training, taught since 1992, has prepared thousands of bilingual individuals across the world to be professional medical interpreters.
CCHCP works with organizations across the U.S. and overseas to promote culturally and linguistically appropriate health care services. We have a creative culture that is highly collaborative and open. Our offices are at the Pacific Tower on Beacon Hill, centrally located and within walking distance of Seattle’s thriving International District. There is easy access to public transportation.
Bridging the Gap and Licensing Program Support
- Answer daily phone calls and emails regarding BTG training and licensing programs
- Update schedule of license renewals
- Assist with the preparation of license agreements
- Maintain current BTG licensing records and training files on Salesforce
- Create certificates for BTG internal and external participants
- Update BTG-class announcements on CCHCP website
Under the direction of the Program Manager,
- Maintain a yearly training calendar
- Track CEU participant information and prepare CEU training applications
- Reserve training rooms
- Organize materials and supplies for trainings
- Set up and take down equipment and supplies for trainings and special events
- Coordinate outreach and marketing strategies for BTG department services
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
REQUIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of work experience working effectively in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational abilities, follow-up, and attention to detail
- Experience working with AV equipment
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and customer database management
- Dependable with excellent attendance record
PREFERRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Dedication to accuracy in all areas of operation
- Interpreting experience
- Understanding of health equity and social justice
- Experience and proficiency with WordPress
WORK CONTACT GROUPS:
Other CCHCP departments
Local, national, and international health care institutions, language agencies, and community organizations
PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEMANDS:
- High need for seeing, communication and expression, transporting light loads, as well as manual dexterity
- Moderate need for indoor movement
- Some demand for positioning self to move and retrieve small objects, including some lifting of books and pushing of carts
- Position includes work pressure from multiple deadlines
HOW TO APPLY:
After carefully reviewing the position description and requirements, please submit the following documents with “BTG Program Coordinator” in your subject line by November 13:
- A cover letter and resume summarizing your interest and relevant experience
- One short writing sample one page in length
- Names and contact information of three work references
This is a competitive selection process. All fully completed application packages that show the minimum qualifications and have followed the How to Apply instructions will be reviewed. To preserve our resources toward furthering our mission, only candidates with whom we wish to arrange an interview will be contacted. All others will be maintained in our files for a minimum of six months.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week. Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
SALARY: $20.75 per hour.
BENEFITS: Competitive health benefits, earned universal PTO, paid holidays, and parking.
The Cross Cultural Health Care Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer