Health Department Director - Benton County Health Department Director
Perfectly placed in the Willamette Valley, 90 miles south of Portland and 40 miles north of Eugene, Benton County has easy access to urban areas with ample opportunities for cultural activities. Combined with outdoor recreation galore in the Cascade Range 80 miles to the east and the Coastal Range and Pacific Ocean 50 miles west, the County’s 92,000 residents like to say they "have it all."
Our Health Department has undergone unprecedented growth and improvement in the last several years. The Public Health division, in partnership with the State, has been actively involved in defining and assessing essential functions to modernize public health services in Oregon. In addition, the division received national accreditation and is providing the community a "health in all actions" policy framework in order to promote decision making that supports improving the health of our residents while reducing inequities that lead to poor health outcomes.
Some examples of key themes emerging in the Strategic Plan, among others, include:
• Continue building capacity to respond effectively to public health emergencies and disasters.
• Continue advancing equity efforts through all department practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Medicine, Public Health, Business Administration, Health Science Administration, or other related field.
- 10 years of related management experience, including at least 5 years of experience supervising professional level staff.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered qualifying.
- Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Oregon statutory requirements for Health Administrator (ORS 431.418).
Annual salary: $96,982 to $154,052 annually; DOQ/E.
Benefits: Benton County offers a choice of a premium paid Consumer Driven Health Plan with health savings or HRA VEBA account (County contribution); dental; vision; group life; LTD; fully-paid employer and employee contribution to Oregon PERS retirement plan; 3% contribution to deferred compensation; paid vacation, personal, holiday, and sick leave; and a great work-life balance!
Questions can be directed to:
Camille Hughes, Recruiting Coordinator
Benton County Human Resources Department
Facsimile: (541) 766-6752
Additional information can be found at the following link: