Hazmat Storage Program Manager - Amazon
Amazon’s Global Environmental Affairs team is seeking a Sr Program Manager- (Sr. PM) for the Hazardous Material (Hazmat) Storage team. This position will report directly to the WW Director of Environmental Affairs and is based in Seattle. This position has a global scope.
The Hazmat Storage PM will serve as a global leader for the hazmat storage team coordinating with Amazon’s businesses, supply chain, and compliance teams to continually reduce risks and drive hazardous material storage compliance. They will lead engagement across Amazon’s business teams that are integral to development of Amazon’s hazmat storage program and provide subject matter expertise of hazmat storage requirements, geo policies, and global standards to internal Amazon stakeholder teams. The successful candidate will develop new hazmat storage strategy, processes, and mechanisms, and support tech team engagement. This role will support global compliance programs, initiatives and collaborate with regional FC operational leaders and business teams.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing, possess strong technical knowledge of global hazmat storage, have a basic understanding of Amazon Redshift/PostgreSQL 8.0.2 code, and have a background in strategic implementation of global programs, processes, and systemsSkills/Eligibility:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science / Engineering / Management, or other
- Experience with hazmat storage legislations globally
- Experience with tech system integration and basic knowledge Amazon Redshift/PostgreSQL 8.0.2
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines and prioritize tasks as per needs and leadership