Global Health Administrative Specialist - UCLA
Global Health Education and Research Program
Project: Global Health Administrative Specialist SP – HC-3143
Req.# - H99608
Become a key member of a high-performing school of medicine. Help bring advanced health initiatives to communities around the world. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at in the Global Health Education and Research Program (GHERP) at UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM).
Working under the direct supervision of the Director, you will provide a wide range of administrative support to GHERP, which includes a global health course for medical students, a summer research experience for first year medical students, a clinical experience for senior medical students, and the Los Angeles Global Health Conference. You will also support a variety of research and evaluation activities with regards to global health education at DGSOM. This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate with prior exposure to GHERP’s important initiatives, or for someone with strong administrative skills who would also like to play an important role in global health education.
We’re seeking an independent, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and:
- Curiosity and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to administer both large and small events.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships in a complex and sensitive working environment.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Experience working in an international context with a sensitivity to language and cultural barriers.
- High-level proficiency with Windows-based computers and applications.
- Experience in the submission of research abstracts and publications to conferences and journals, or the ability to learn these skills quickly.
- A passion for health equity, both locally and globally.
The UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine is a world-renowned medical school that serves a diverse student body. If you are looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in the field of medical and global health education, you can achieve this at DGSOM. Please email your resume and cover letter to Dr. Traci Wells, Director of Education, at email@example.com.