Registered Dietitian - Cowlitz Family Health Center
The position of Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing a high level of service to women, infants and children by providing nutrition and health information and assisting in the delivery of supplemental foods to WIC program participants and work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide Maternity Support Services. Additionally, this position will demonstrate the ability to improve the operations of FHC in support of its stated mission: To promote, encourage, and provide health services in order to improve the quality of life through sound nutrition, education, preventive health and the empowerment of choice.
The WIC/First Steps Registered Dietitian (RD) focuses on promoting healthy birth outcomes throughout pregnancy, and the postpartum period for both mother and infant, performs program eligibility and nutritional assessment for individual clients which include nutritional planning, determination of supplemental food need and provision of breastfeeding supplies. The RD must be knowledgeable about nutrition, pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant and child feeding, growth development, community resources to raise public awareness about the program as well as health and nutrition issues.
Some of your daily activities would include conducting breastfeeding education to your clients, ensuring that all State and federal WIC nutrition guidelines and voucher policies are strictly followed; selecting and developing nutrition education materials for WIC/Nutrition participants and counseling as needed; documentation of client visit and instructions; MSS screening and nutrition assessments; and incorporating into a nutritional care plan specifically designed for that individual.
- Active Washington State Dept. of Health Certified Registered Dietitian with no restrictions
- BS or BA degree in nutrition or related field
- Must have or be able to obtain an active Medical Assistant Phlebotomist certification from the Washington State Dept. of Health for taking hemoglobins
- Experience and/or knowledge in breastfeeding and breastfeeding support
- Experience in Washington State WIC programs preferred
- Hold a current CPR/BLS card
- Proficient in data entry and word processing skills: EPIC exp a plus
- Ability to work with various age groups
- Ability to work with low income, multi ethnic patient population
- Must be a confident, self directed individual who can work alone and also work as part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Must have great organization skills – documentation, time management, and multi-tasker
Generous Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, PTO & More