Fellowship Program - Graduates or PhDs - NSF Graduate Research
Application Deadline: October 19-22nd, 2020, 5:00 p.m. Local Time of applicant’s mailing address.
Please note: Deadlines for this award depend on applicant’s disciplinary focus. Click here for deadline specifics.
The purpose of the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is to help ensure the vitality and diversity of the scientific and engineering workforce in the United States. The program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees in fields within NSF’s mission.
The GRFP provides three years of support for the graduate education of individuals who have demonstrated their potential for significant achievements in science and engineering research. This three-year award, which can be used over the course of five years, includes:
- $34,000 annual stipend
- $12,000 towards tuition and fees (the remainder is covered by the Graduate School)
- Access to cyberinfrastructure resources
- Be a US citizen, US national, or permanent resident;
- Intend to pursue a research-based Master’s or Ph.D. program in an NSF-supported field;
- Be enrolled in an eligible program at an accredited United States graduate institution, with a US campus, by the fall after the application is submitted;
- Have completed no more than 12 months of full-time graduate study (or the equivalent) by August 1 of the year the application is submitted, or meet the criteria for the extenuating circumstance described in Section IV of the Program Solicitation;
- Meet all other eligibility requirements as set forth in the current Program Solicitation.