Principal Biostatistician - Seattle Children
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation clinical trial coordinating center and research organization at Seattle Children’s Hospital Research Institute has an opening for an experienced Biostatistician to join a devoted and growing team of local and national investigators to advance therapies and find a cure for children and adults living with cystic fibrosis. Our group is a cohesive mix of Biostatistical faculty and staff, statistical programmers, data managers, clinical operations staff, and physicians/scientists.
- Provide statistical and scientific input and consultation for major scientific projects
- Perform highly complex and technical statistical analyses and design.
- Initiate and write manuscripts and grant analysis sections.
- Coordinate and direct data-oriented projects.
- Participate as Senior Statistician on clinical studies and lead study design and protocol development; Provide senior statistical oversight throughout the course of the study; and preparation of methods sections for grant submissions and manuscripts.
- Conduct methodological research which includes researching and adapting new methods for complex analysis or study design.
- Provide mentorship andand training to others in the research community and biostatistical group including junior statisticians/programmers and students/research assistants.
- Contribute to productivity and process improvements
- Consulting experience in statistical design or clinical trials.
- Clinical trial design and execution, epidemiologic analyses or comparative effectiveness research
- Experience with advanced quantitative methods
- Demonstrated project management skills in particular as it pertains to analytic projects and complex data pipelines
- Demonstrated knowledge in statistical methods and concepts
- Strong statistical programming skills in SAS, R or similar statistical package
- Working in multidisciplinary teams
- Authoring publications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Those with industry and/or academic backgrounds are welcome to apply. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to design and oversee complex randomized, CER, observational and registry-style studies. The Seattle Children’s Research Institute is an innovative leader in pediatric health and wellness through quality, clinical care, relentless spirit of inquiry, and compassion for children and their families.