Epidemiology Research and Consulting Assistant - Life Expectancy Project
Assistant for small, dynamic San Francisco-based biostatistics and epidemiology group. We perform original research on life expectancy and publish in major, peer-reviewed medical journals. Our consulting is in a litigation (court) context: we give expert opinion on life expectancy.
Job functions will include:
- Review medical records and other documents to extract key facts
- Perform various statistical analyses
- Assist in the preparation of consulting reports and research articles
- Conduct literature search, review, and synthesis
- Local candidates only
- Full-time work in a small, fully-vaccinated office
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the health sciences (e.g., epidemiology, public health, statistics, biostatistics, data science)
- Applicants with a master’s degree (especially MPH), and those with statistical programming experience using SAS or R, may be especially well-suited for this position, though such background is not required.
- We welcome applicants who are currently in a graduate program (MPH, MS/MA, or PhD), and will accommodate part-time employment.
- Must be completely fluent in written and spoken English
- Attention to detail is very important
- Competent with MS Word/Excel
Compensation: $75,000+, depending on qualifications and skills.
Visit our website at http://www.LifeExpectancy.com/job2.shtml, then send your resume to Brooks@LifeExpectancy.org. In the body of the e-mail, include a paragraph indicating why you are particularly qualified for this position.
Serious and well-qualified applicants only please.